Step to the Future
As a company, we are committed to becoming carbon neutral by 2026, ahead of both the NHS 2045 Net Zero date and the 2036-2039 80% reduction target date. To achieve this goal, we have established a carbon savings committee with members from every department within Toffeln, and we aim to achieve a 20% reduction in carbon emissions each year.
On-going Key Initiatives
We are excited to share some of our key sustainability initiatives that will change the way we work, manufacture and deliver our products:
1) Developing new space-saving packaging solutions from recycled FSC rated material.
2) Reducing single-use plastic consumption across all our product ranges
3) Transitioning towards producing products from sustainable sources
4) Switching to LED lighting to reduce carbon emissions by 55%
5) Introducing PIR (Passive Infra-Red) detection sensors to reduce energy consumption from lighting when areas are not in use.
7) Using electric vehicles to deliver our products where possible
6) Providing cycle racks to encourage staff to ride to work, resulting in a 10% reduction in car journeys
We believe that these initiatives will help us reduce our carbon footprint and make a positive contribution to a more sustainable future for us, the planet and its future.
" We aim to reduce our carbon emissions 20% each year to hit our carbon neutral company status by 2026"